Monday, April 26, 2010

Beginning Remembering the Kanji

I got my kanji underway as of yesterday. I have now done 40 Kanji and started reviewing them in Anki. It doesn't feel like a lot so I am guessing that that is a good thing. I am in fact thinking I may go back and do a few more. The deck that I downloaded from the site doesn't have the stories on the front so I am not sure if I want to add them or not.

Well I was sitting with my 3(almost 4)year old daughter trying to help her spell her name today and I realized that she is learning very similarly to the way I am attempting Kanji with Heisig's RTK. She is learning the names of the letters without any idea how to pronounce them. A B doesn't make an Bee sound it makes more like a buh sound. I don't know but something about it makes me feel a bit comforted that this may work just like so many people say it will.

0 comments:

Post a Comment