Friday, April 23, 2010

It's Here! It's Here!

My Heisig Remebering the Kanji is here! Hooray! It arrived with All About Particles by Naoko Chino and the Oxford Beginners Dictionary which are 2 books that are sort of recommended over on AJATT for sentences. Which means it is on. I have a goal of finishing the book by the 31st of August. That is 2042 Kanji by the end of summer. I am not sure that it is a reasonable goal being that I am a mom and have lots of other things I probably should be doing instead of studying japanese flashcards on Anki. However if I don't finish by the end of this summer I am going to get way behind with all that fall brings. I have 130 Days. That is about 17 Kanji a day. I believe I can do it. When I was attempting 25 a day and that was a little hard some days. Maybe if I round up to 20 a day that will be a good number for me to achieve my goal. Well we shall see. The first 200 or so should be pretty quick since I have done them already.

I have learned all 104 of the Hiragana Goal on smart.fm. I am now reviewing. I am still irritated by the typing part of the program. I always spell them wrong even though I know how they are supposed to sound. I have still not "completed" any. I am not sure if I should start the Katakana Goal or wait until after I finish the Kanji. Will I kill my brain doing both at the same time?

On another note I have finished watching Ohitorisama. It was cute. I liked Real Clothes the best so far though. I just need to get them without subs. I am deciding if I should pay the hundreds of dollars to get them from YesAsia.com or not. What to do? I started watching My Girl which is not bad but a little sad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment