Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 1! Yay!

OK, technically today is not my first day of ever attempting to learn Japanese but it is the first day I decide to move beyond flirting flirting. I almost have a plan. I am counting today because it is the first day that I attempted a goal on smart.fm. I am learning the Kana starting with Hiragana. Up until now I hosted 5 Japanese exchange students while I was in school, took a quarter of Japanese back in University, made a feeble attempt at Remembering the Kanji and Remembering the Kana, and watch a lot of Japanese Doramas for a bit of "input."

I have wanted to learn for ages (at least 15 years) and decided now is the time. I am an under employed freelancer so I am not overly busy. I also found a Japanese immersion school for my daughter and am planning on her getting in when she starts kindergarten in fall of 2011. My goal is to be able to help her with her homework by the time she gets there. I am also going to be able to greet her teacher in Japanese without being embarrassed by my mistakes. That is almost a year and a half to work hard. I can do it. Expect me back to ramble again soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment